Saturday, September 13, 2008
School = Germ Breeding Ground

The kids have been in school for less than 2 weeks and one has already come down with the stomach bug. Shae was hit with this lovely little bug yesterday. It seemed to be a bug of the 24 hour persuasion. I'm glad it only lasted that long but it's still 24 hours too many for me.

I had scheduled dentist appointments for all the kids for yesterday morning. Shae hates going to the dentist so when she said that her stomach hurt I thought she was faking it so that she could get out of going. I told her that she was probably just hungry and had her go in and get dressed. I ushered everyone out to the car and grabbed the barf bowl - just in case.

Hadlei was going to stay with gram while I took the kids to their appointment. We were almost to gram's when I heard that all too familiar sound coming from the backseat. Shae had gotten sick. Thank goodness I grabbed the bowl on my way out of the house. Looked like gram was going to have a second charge to take care of.

The other kids did well at the dentist. Jordan and Dakotah were referred to an orthodontist and I have a feeling that they will do the same for Shae when they see her. I rescheduled her appointment for Monday but she doesn't know that. I'm thinking that the three of them are going to have mouths full of shiny metal. But I'll save that for another post.

Shae got sick a few more times throughout the day. At one point she started crying and said,"I hate throwing up!" I felt so bad for her. She laid in her room and watched cartoons most of the day. I think she even took a little catnap.

When she woke up this morning I asked her how she felt. She said she was a little achy but her tummy felt better. I gave her some dry cereal for breakfast. A few hours later she was running around and playing like she had never been sick.

Now that school has started it's going to be a continuous cycle of sickness. That is the one thing I hate about school starting. Try as you might to keep them from catching things it never fails - they always get something. And what's worse is that if there's more than one they pass it on to the rest. Wonder who's next?

Labels:


Blogged at 11:09 PM - 2 comments



I'm Charmed
I am a proud wife and an extremely proud mother of 4 beautiful children.I spend a great deal of time with my Gram.I love playing with my kids.I love quiet nites with my husband.I love my alone time.I do not like being taken advantage of. I don't like selfish people or people that have to be dramatic 24/7......
Read more about me..

Previous Post
- GNO
- NFL Week1
- Happy Birthday Dakotah!
- Swift & Flatts
- Gone Country
- A Stroll Down Memory Lane
- My Baby's Coming Home!
- Alone Time? What's That?
- Say What?
- Busy Busy Busy


Spells


My Innocents



Book of Shadows

- April 2007 - May 2007 - June 2007 - July 2007 - August 2007 - September 2007 - October 2007 - November 2007 - December 2007 - January 2008 - February 2008 - March 2008 - April 2008 - May 2008 - June 2008 - July 2008 - August 2008 - September 2008 - October 2008 - November 2008 - January 2009 - February 2009 - March 2009 - October 2010 -