Sunday, August 24, 2008
Say What?

Let me clarify this for all of you that don't understand the English language and take everything personally especially when it had nothing whatsoever to do with you or your children...

I was speaking of MY experience with that certain program/school. I was not speaking about ALL Headstart programs or anyone that has gone to them. I was specifically talking about this ONE school and MY daughter.

If you take offense to the word "issues" then that is your problem. The context that it was used in had nothing to do with special needs. I know all about people with special needs considering the fact that I grew up with 3 uncles that are mentally retarded to different degrees. I am very involved with them - always have been and always will be. None of you are in that position or know what that is/was like.

Obviously I didn't clarify what "issues" meant either. I was being asked questions about domestic abuse and child abuse and other things of that nature. Questions basically asking if we had a place to live. Apparently I didn't go into enough detail for some of you.

I didn't know what Headstart was all about and that is why I looked into it. Their criteria is not the same as WICs. You make it sound like an embarrassing thing to have help like that and you so quickly forget that you had the same kind of help. I will be the first to admit that we aren't well off but I am certainly not ashamed to get help for my children. My husband busts his ass at work everyday and I choose to stay home and raise my children because I will not have someone else doing my job.

I guess the point to all of this is that first if you don't know me then you need to keep your mouth shut. The second-hand information you receive is wrong. Secondly last time I checked this was MY blog and I have the right to my own opinions. If you want to make up your own conclusions from what you read and they happen to be wrong then again - your problem. Muust be my mistake for not making what I was saying abundantly clear. Guess I'm not as perfect as you think you are.

Labels:


Blogged at 9:06 AM - 6 comments



I'm Charmed
I am a proud wife and an extremely proud mother of 4 beautiful children.I spend a great deal of time with my Gram.I love playing with my kids.I love quiet nites with my husband.I love my alone time.I do not like being taken advantage of. I don't like selfish people or people that have to be dramatic 24/7......
Read more about me..

Previous Post
- Busy Busy Busy
- Collin Raye - Here I Come - Again!
- Heaven Bound
- Say a Little Prayer
- Preseason Football
- Potty Training 101
- Forever Charmed
- Picture Perfect
- Leaving Home Part 2
- Leaving Home


Spells


My Innocents



Book of Shadows

- April 2007 - May 2007 - June 2007 - July 2007 - August 2007 - September 2007 - October 2007 - November 2007 - December 2007 - January 2008 - February 2008 - March 2008 - April 2008 - May 2008 - June 2008 - July 2008 - August 2008 - September 2008 - October 2008 - November 2008 - January 2009 - February 2009 - March 2009 - October 2010 -