Monday, September 1, 2008
Swift & Flatts

The concert last nite was AMAZING! Kotah and I had so much fun. She was a little impatient as we sat in our seats waiting for the show to begin. The show was sold out so you can imagine the number of people that were there. They just kept coming in. I told her that they weren't going to start the show until mostly everybody was in the gates. Start time was set for 7:30 and I don't think that Taylor hit the stage until close to 8:00.


I wish that I had video taped her reaction to Taylor coming on stage. She put her hands up and covered her mouth like she couldn't believe that she was seeing what she was seeing. I could hear the people behind us saying,"Look how excited she is! She is so happy!" The man even pulled one of his friends over and pointed it out to him.


Turns out those people were very thoughtful. It was a man,Ray,his wife,Tina,and their son and his girlfriend. During the break while they were setting the stage for Rascal Flatts,Tina went and bought some souveniers - a shirt,sweatshirt and guitar picks. The girlfriend put on the sweatshirt and she handed the other things to her son. I heard him comment on wanting a red or white shirt but didn't make much of it. About 10 minutes later the son said something to Dakotah about liking Taylor Swift and asked her when her birthday was. She immediately buried her head in my lap. I told him when her birthday was and he gave her the shirt and wished her a happy birthday! I thanked him for his generosity and had Dakotah put the shirt on over her sweatshirt.


Just before Rascal Flatts came on I got her to warm up a bit and talk to the people behind us. I had told them how she had just gotten home from Oregon and how this was a surprise gift for her birthday. Tina asked her a few questions and told her that she had been to Oregon,too. Kotah told her a little about her trip and thanked them again for the shirt. It's nice to know that there are still some truly good people in this world.


Now onto the show....I had an awesome time. Dakotah did too once she stopped making fun of me for screaming and clapping and throwing my hands in the air :) Hey,I was there to have a good time and that's just what I did. And she did,too,once she started acting like her crazy mother.


Both acts sounded superb. It was like listening to their cds. That is one of the things that I love about Collin's shows - he sounds so good live. Swift and Flatts seemed to follow suit. I loved the way that Taylor looked genuinely shocked that her fans were so crazy about her. Guess at 19 she still has some of her innocence.


I really enjoyed going with Dakotah. It was nice to spend some alone time together. We don't get to do that very often. When Fair time rolls around next year I hope there is another concert that we can go to together. She's a country fan just like me. It would be neat to make it a tradition for the two of us - something special that only we share.

Labels:


Blogged at 2:10 PM - 2 comments



I'm Charmed
I am a proud wife and an extremely proud mother of 4 beautiful children.I spend a great deal of time with my Gram.I love playing with my kids.I love quiet nites with my husband.I love my alone time.I do not like being taken advantage of. I don't like selfish people or people that have to be dramatic 24/7......
Read more about me..

Previous Post
- Gone Country
- A Stroll Down Memory Lane
- My Baby's Coming Home!
- Alone Time? What's That?
- Say What?
- Busy Busy Busy
- Collin Raye - Here I Come - Again!
- Heaven Bound
- Say a Little Prayer
- Preseason Football


Spells


My Innocents



Book of Shadows

- April 2007 - May 2007 - June 2007 - July 2007 - August 2007 - September 2007 - October 2007 - November 2007 - December 2007 - January 2008 - February 2008 - March 2008 - April 2008 - May 2008 - June 2008 - July 2008 - August 2008 - September 2008 - October 2008 - November 2008 - January 2009 - February 2009 - March 2009 - October 2010 -