Thursday, July 10, 2008
Leaving Home

Well the day has arrived. Kotah will be leaving this afternoon to fly 3,000 miles across the country to visit her dad,stepmom and 3 brothers. Her grandparents are going with her. She has done this twice before but for some reason I am a little more apprehensive about it this year. I just have this feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach and I don't like it. Maybe I'm feeling this way because of all that I went through with gram last year. Almost losing someone that you love that much really has an effect on you. I just want my babies with me.


But I can't be selfish and I won't/wouldn't be. I know how much her dad and Sara and the boys love her. And I know how much they look forward to seeing her. And whether Dakotah wants to admit to it when it comes time for her to leave she's looking forward to it just as much. She's always wishy-washy about leaving. But I know deep down that she is very excited to go. And I wouldn't take that away from any of them.


It is,however,extrememly hard for me to let her go. I know that she will be well taken care of and she will be kept safe. It's the getting there that bothers me. I hate airplanes because I hate heights. Been on one once and that was enough for me. I know that they say that airplanes are the safest means of transportation but that is of no comfort to me. I always end up sitting in the parking garage crying my eyes out for at least a half hour. And I'm sure today will be no different.


Shae seems to be very upset about Kotah leaving. Kotah gave her a big hug before she left for summer camp this morning and when I looked over at Shae and she was rubbing her eyes. I asked her what was wrong and she burst into tears. She loves her big sister so much. They get along pretty well and I know Shae is really going to miss her. I may let Shae go to the airport with us so she can say goodbye. Hadlei is a bit young to understand what's going on. She's knows that Kotah is leaving but not for how long. And she thinks we're going with her :)

We'll be heading off to the airport in less than 2 hours. Pray that my baby girl has a safe trip.

Labels:


Blogged at 10:50 AM - 1 comments



I'm Charmed
I am a proud wife and an extremely proud mother of 4 beautiful children.I spend a great deal of time with my Gram.I love playing with my kids.I love quiet nites with my husband.I love my alone time.I do not like being taken advantage of. I don't like selfish people or people that have to be dramatic 24/7......
Read more about me..

Previous Post
- Camp
- The 4th
- District 8 Champions
- We are the CHAMPIONS x 2
- Graduation Day
- We are the CHAMPIONS!
- Responsibility
- Happy Birthday to...Me!
- Yard Work
- Playoff Bound


Spells


My Innocents



Book of Shadows

- April 2007 - May 2007 - June 2007 - July 2007 - August 2007 - September 2007 - October 2007 - November 2007 - December 2007 - January 2008 - February 2008 - March 2008 - April 2008 - May 2008 - June 2008 - July 2008 - August 2008 - September 2008 - October 2008 - November 2008 - January 2009 - February 2009 - March 2009 - October 2010 -