Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Potty Training 101

Hadlei has finally done it! She is potty trained! Well for the most part anyway. Leave it to one of my children to be stubborn about something like potty training. Couldn't tell you where they get their stubborn streak from ;)

I had the other kids trained between the ages of 2 and 3. I would have done the same thing with Hadlei but with all that went on with my gram last year getting Hadlei trained was the last thing on my mind. Things obviously calmed down on that front but I have still been extremely busy with other things and I just wasn't too worried about it. Last week I decided that now was as good a time as any to get her trained. She has had a Dora potty seat for quite some time so I was making her sit on it 6 or 7 times a day. It wasn't working. She told me that she wanted to sit on the big potty. So off to Walmart I went and I bought her a potty ring to fit on the toilet - Dora of course :)

Here we are 4 days later and she is trained! The first two days I asked her every hour if she had to go potty. She did pretty good and wet herself only a few times. These past two days she is going on her own. She'll tell me she has to go and then calls me in when she's done. She has even gotten out of the pool twice to go potty. And she'll stop playing and come upstairs to go as well. Those aren't really typical actions for a 3 yr old. We ran errands over the past few days and I let her wear her big girl underwear. No accidents!

Her dad and I are so proud of her. And she knows it because every time she goes she asks if we're happy with her. I'm not surprised that she learned so quickly. Hadlei is an extremely smart little girl. What gets me is that she wasn't willing to train unless she was able to sit on the big potty. Little stinkpot!

Labels:


Blogged at 8:43 AM - 4 comments



I'm Charmed
I am a proud wife and an extremely proud mother of 4 beautiful children.I spend a great deal of time with my Gram.I love playing with my kids.I love quiet nites with my husband.I love my alone time.I do not like being taken advantage of. I don't like selfish people or people that have to be dramatic 24/7......
Read more about me..

Previous Post
- Forever Charmed
- Picture Perfect
- Leaving Home Part 2
- Leaving Home
- Camp
- The 4th
- District 8 Champions
- We are the CHAMPIONS x 2
- Graduation Day
- We are the CHAMPIONS!


Spells


My Innocents



Book of Shadows

- April 2007 - May 2007 - June 2007 - July 2007 - August 2007 - September 2007 - October 2007 - November 2007 - December 2007 - January 2008 - February 2008 - March 2008 - April 2008 - May 2008 - June 2008 - July 2008 - August 2008 - September 2008 - October 2008 - November 2008 - January 2009 - February 2009 - March 2009 - October 2010 -