Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Graduation Day

School's out for summer! Not that I should be excited about that. Shouldn't they make kids go to school year round? Wishful thinking,huh?

Jordan had his graduation ceremony Monday. He is officially in 6th grade and is leaving the elementary school for the middle school. He has some mixed emotions about that. He asked me if he could go visit his old school during their recess time. I know he'll do well next year because he certainly did a great job this year. His report card was awesome and he even got a 4 in the "cooperative and respectful" catergory. (they grade on a scale of 1-4) The other kids did excellent,too. Shae had her usual bunch of E's and Dakotah got four 4's on her report card. Skylar did ok but she is still adjusting to the ciricculum and hopefully next year she will be in sync with it.


Jordan's ceremony was tear jerking. Not only was my baby graduating from elementary school but Mr.Frey was giving his last speech. Couldn't hold the tears back no matter how hard I tried. I was able to get pics of him with the kids so that they will always remember him.


On my 1 minute drive home from the school a song came on the radio that was very fitting for the events of the day. It was Rascal Flatt's "My Wish".

I hope that days come easy and moments pass slow,
And each road leads you where you want to go,
And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile,

More then anything, more then anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it,
To your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more then you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

I hope you never look back, but ya never forget,
All the ones who love you, in the place you left,
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
And you help somebody every chance you get,
Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
And you always give more then you take.

Oh More then anything, Yeah, and more then anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it,
To your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more then you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

Congratulations buddy - mom is so proud of you. Good luck in middle school.

Labels: ,


Blogged at 8:43 PM - 5 comments



I'm Charmed
I am a proud wife and an extremely proud mother of 4 beautiful children.I spend a great deal of time with my Gram.I love playing with my kids.I love quiet nites with my husband.I love my alone time.I do not like being taken advantage of. I don't like selfish people or people that have to be dramatic 24/7......
Read more about me..

Previous Post
- We are the CHAMPIONS!
- Responsibility
- Happy Birthday to...Me!
- Yard Work
- Playoff Bound
- TV Star
- Happy Birthday Gram!
- Happy Father's Day
- Sweet Sheriff
- Searing Heat


Spells


My Innocents



Book of Shadows

- April 2007 - May 2007 - June 2007 - July 2007 - August 2007 - September 2007 - October 2007 - November 2007 - December 2007 - January 2008 - February 2008 - March 2008 - April 2008 - May 2008 - June 2008 - July 2008 - August 2008 - September 2008 - October 2008 - November 2008 - January 2009 - February 2009 - March 2009 - October 2010 -