Sunday, July 6, 2008
District 8 Champions

I would like to congratulate the Muck Dogs on winning the Little League District 8 Green Division Championship! The boys played a great game. They were down 0-5 for the first 3 innings. They scored 4 runs in the bottom of the 3rd - it would have been 5 but the ump said one of the boys didn't touch homeplate when he came in - he did but I guess the ump was cleaning his glasses ;) The boys did a great job pitching and held the other team to the 5 runs they had scored. The Muck Dogs ended up scoring 5 more runs in the 5th inning to guarantee their win. 9-5 was the final score.

The boys were so excited. Two championship wins back to back. When they won their season championship game they pelted their coach with water balloons. When they won this championship game coach said he didn't want to get wet so the boys covered him with silly string!

Congrats on a great season and post-season boys! You did an awesome job this year!


* Kotah's team also went to the District 8 tournament but they were knocked out in the first round. They played a team from Geddes and I honestly think they should have checked the ID's of two of the girls on that team. They were huge! And when I say huge I mean HUGE! (remember the comparison,Dean?) There was no way that those girls were between the ages of 8 and 11. They were like 5'7"-5'9" and like 200 lbs!

I think that most of the girls were worn out from their regular season games. They played extrememly hard all season. You could tell that some of them were just ready for it to be over. They were down 7-15 and in the last inning caught up and passed the other team. Score was 17-15. They couldn't hold them and Geddes won 18-17.

Even though they didn't win the District 8 Championship the Sunbirds had a phenomenal season and have a lot to be proud of. Congratulations again girls! You rocked!

Labels: ,


Blogged at 8:00 AM - 1 comments



I'm Charmed
I am a proud wife and an extremely proud mother of 4 beautiful children.I spend a great deal of time with my Gram.I love playing with my kids.I love quiet nites with my husband.I love my alone time.I do not like being taken advantage of. I don't like selfish people or people that have to be dramatic 24/7......
Read more about me..

Previous Post
- We are the CHAMPIONS x 2
- Graduation Day
- We are the CHAMPIONS!
- Responsibility
- Happy Birthday to...Me!
- Yard Work
- Playoff Bound
- TV Star
- Happy Birthday Gram!
- Happy Father's Day


Spells


My Innocents



Book of Shadows

- April 2007 - May 2007 - June 2007 - July 2007 - August 2007 - September 2007 - October 2007 - November 2007 - December 2007 - January 2008 - February 2008 - March 2008 - April 2008 - May 2008 - June 2008 - July 2008 - August 2008 - September 2008 - October 2008 - November 2008 - January 2009 - February 2009 - March 2009 - October 2010 -