Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Responsibility

Can someone tell me how a person that takes little to no responsibility for his child can say that i'm irresponsible? Let me set the scene for you...Jordan had his playoff game rescheduled for Sunday because it was rained out on Saturday. I had to go to my mom's to set up for another yard sale and Sunday was the only day I could do it as the sale is this weekend. Surprisingly his father said that he would pick him up and take him to his game. I told Jordan to call me when he got home. He did and he asked me when I would be home. I said it would be at least 2-3 hours. I heard him tell someone that and asked who he was talking to. He said his father wanted to know and it sounded to me like he was having a fit. So I told Jordan that he could either stay home or his father could drop him off at my mom's. He did end up dropping Jordan off. I asked Jordan if he wanted to come and he said no and that his father made him. His father told him that I was irresponsible for leaving him home alone because he is too young.

Are you kidding me?!?! He is the LAST person that should ever be calling anyone - especially me - irresponsible. I am the one that makes sure that he has clothes to wear and food to eat. I am the one that makes sure that he has a roof over his head. I am the one that goes to all of his school and sporting events. I am the one that takes him to the dr when he's sick. The list goes on and on. Want to know what his father does? He picks him up most weekends and works half of that time. He doesn't buy him anything he needs. He doesn't show up at school or sporting events like he should. The support he pays shouldn't even be called that because when you get right down to it what he pays in a week doesn't even cover the cost of 3 square meals for one day! Basically he does nothing. And he is calling me irresponsible?!

Jordan is 11 yrs old. I trust him to stay home by himself for a few hours. He has done it before and he will do it again. He is a trustworthy kid and until he gives me a reason not to I will trust him to stay home when I'm not there.

Not only does what he said piss me off but he didn't even say it to me - he said it to Jordan! Grow a set and tell ME what you have to say. Don't tell Jordan in hopes that it will get back to me. Why are you even putting him in the middle of it? A little irresponsible I would say. I guess I should be used to it because he never has had the balls to say anything to my face. I hear what he says through Jordan,his mother or his wife. And of course with the big mouth I have I don't have any problem telling either his mother or his wife what I think of him or them if need be. I wonder if there will ever come a time when Bill can grow up,act his age and be a responsible parent. That's probably just wishful thinking.

Labels: ,


Blogged at 7:41 AM - 3 comments



I'm Charmed
I am a proud wife and an extremely proud mother of 4 beautiful children.I spend a great deal of time with my Gram.I love playing with my kids.I love quiet nites with my husband.I love my alone time.I do not like being taken advantage of. I don't like selfish people or people that have to be dramatic 24/7......
Read more about me..

Previous Post
- Happy Birthday to...Me!
- Yard Work
- Playoff Bound
- TV Star
- Happy Birthday Gram!
- Happy Father's Day
- Sweet Sheriff
- Searing Heat
- Happy Anniversary Todd & Cynthia
- Sleeping Beauties


Spells


My Innocents



Book of Shadows

- April 2007 - May 2007 - June 2007 - July 2007 - August 2007 - September 2007 - October 2007 - November 2007 - December 2007 - January 2008 - February 2008 - March 2008 - April 2008 - May 2008 - June 2008 - July 2008 - August 2008 - September 2008 - October 2008 - November 2008 - January 2009 - February 2009 - March 2009 - October 2010 -