Monday, January 21, 2008
It's All Over

Well football season is officially over! There is no point in watching the Superbowl because I hate both teams. Neither of them should be there. But there isn't anything that can be done about that.

My team had the chance to get that far but blew it. The interception thrown in the end zone during the final seconds of the game sealed their fate. Green Bay got their chance to play at home like Favre wanted. He didn't want to go to Dallas because he has a problem with winning there. His problem? He can't win there! I do feel better about the way my team lost because it only came down to that one play. Green Bay had multiple opportunities to win last nite and they couldn't pull it off.

Like all the teams that don't make it to the Superbowl, their fans say "there's always next year." What else can we say? Whining about it won't change anything. It makes you feel better for a bit but that's the extent of it.

I had a guy come up to me the other day and tell me that I shouldn't be wearing my Cowboys sweatshirt. They were done for the season. I told him that he was right - they were done for the season. But I am NOT a fairweather fan. I don't jump on the bandwagon of the winning team. I am a TRUE Cowboys fan - win or lose. And I represent my team - win or lose. He said he had to respect that and before he walked away he wished my team luck for next year. After that conversation I got to thinking about how many people jump on the bandwagon when a team gets to the Superbowl. It's pathetic really - especially when they're not a sports fan and don't follow the game in the first place. I see nothing wrong in rooting for another team if your own doesn't make it. After all,it's part of the fun of the sport. I can't do that this year due to the rivalry I have with my hubby. I hope they both lose! :)

As always,I'm proud of my team and all that they accomplished this season. And I'm sure that I speak for every Cowboys fan out there when I say "there's always next year!" Go Big D!!!

Labels: ,


Blogged at 11:00 AM - 2 comments



I'm Charmed
I am a proud wife and an extremely proud mother of 4 beautiful children.I spend a great deal of time with my Gram.I love playing with my kids.I love quiet nites with my husband.I love my alone time.I do not like being taken advantage of. I don't like selfish people or people that have to be dramatic 24/7......
Read more about me..

Previous Post
- Hit the Nail on the Head
- Bits and Pieces
- Time for Surgery
- Playoffs Week 2
- My Sweet Brother
- Playoffs Week 1
- Frosty's Friends
- Friends
- Football Week 17
- Christmas - The Aftermath


Spells


My Innocents



Book of Shadows

- April 2007 - May 2007 - June 2007 - July 2007 - August 2007 - September 2007 - October 2007 - November 2007 - December 2007 - January 2008 - February 2008 - March 2008 - April 2008 - May 2008 - June 2008 - July 2008 - August 2008 - September 2008 - October 2008 - November 2008 - January 2009 - February 2009 - March 2009 - October 2010 -