Sunday, September 2, 2007
It Just Keeps On Coming

This morning my gram was rushed by ambulance back to the emergency room at St.Joe's Hospital because she was throwing up blood and feces. As I am posting this she is being prepped for emergency surgery. The dr said that he thinks she has a perforated bowel and that she is severely impacted. She may have to have her colon removed or she may have to have a series of other things done. Bottom line is that he won't know until he gets in there. She is going to have a bag and if she does and if it can be removed then that means another surgery.

They had to put a tube into her stomach to empty it out and all that is coming out is brown fluid. My uncle told me that they had 3 huge buckets full of it. They have to give her a bunch of plasma before surgery because she is on coumedin. According to my uncle,they gave her two bags of antibiotics as well. She is scared to death and so are we.

I am beyond scared. Passed that a long time ago. I talk with my good friend,Sara,who is a nurse,and she explained quite a bit to me. I'm glad to have her to help me out in this area. We talked for almost two hours and she actually got my mind off things for a little while. Thanx so much,hon. *big hugs* Now if I could just get her to fly in 2 weeks early and be my gram's personal nurse... :) I know that she would be in good hands and extremely well taken care of.

Now I'm just waiting to hear from my uncle. They took her into surgery around 4:45 pm and he said it may be a few hours - barring they don't have any problems. Then she's off to recovery where she'll probably be for another few hours. I know I don't have to ask but...please pray for her. She really needs it. I'll keep you posted.

Labels:


Blogged at 3:06 PM - 2 comments



I'm Charmed
I am a proud wife and an extremely proud mother of 4 beautiful children.I spend a great deal of time with my Gram.I love playing with my kids.I love quiet nites with my husband.I love my alone time.I do not like being taken advantage of. I don't like selfish people or people that have to be dramatic 24/7......
Read more about me..

Previous Post
- Hi,I'm Charmed....
- The Next Step
- Will this EVER End?!?
- Gram's Home!
- Surgery Day
- May the Force be with You!
- Croup Baby
- Fun! Fun! Fun!
- They've Got Wheels!
- Gram's Surgery


Spells


My Innocents



Book of Shadows

- April 2007 - May 2007 - June 2007 - July 2007 - August 2007 - September 2007 - October 2007 - November 2007 - December 2007 - January 2008 - February 2008 - March 2008 - April 2008 - May 2008 - June 2008 - July 2008 - August 2008 - September 2008 - October 2008 - November 2008 - January 2009 - February 2009 - March 2009 - October 2010 -