Thursday, August 16, 2007
Surgery Day

Today was gram's hysterectomy. We had to be at the hospital at 5:15 am. That meant up at 4 am. I don't think I need to tell you how tired I am right now.

Her surgery went ok. She was in surgery longer than what we were told. That was due to the amount of blood loss that she had. Her time in recovery was equally as long due to the same factor. She didn't get into her room until 2:45 this afternoon. That meant I had to sit and worry and wait for 7 hours. Not fun. I spoke to her surgeon after he finished her surgery and he said it went reasonably well. Not really what I wanted to hear. Would have rather heard that it went great. He said that she was a bleeder. That worried me because of her almost bleeding to death after her last surgery a few months ago.

When they finally brought her to her room I was there waiting. I almost broke down because she looked like she was dead. She was so pale. I didn't breathe until I saw her move. She had tubes everywhere. She was on her second bag of blood. She couldn't talk too well because they had to put tubes down her throat. And she was in quite a bit of pain. It literally hurt to see her in so much pain and I couldn't do anything to help her. Her blood pressure worried me a bit. They took it 4 times while I was there and the top number was in the 101 - 115 range and the bottom number was in the 57 - 64 range. I'm guessing that's due to the amount of blood she lost.

I stayed with her for a little while but she could barely stay awake. I didn't want to leave but she told me to go home and get some sleep. Even in the condition that she's in she still worries about me. I went begrudgingly but told her I would be back first thing in the morning. I left my number at the desk and told the nurses to call if anything happened and for the dr to call me when he came to see her if I wasn't there.

I hope that all goes well and she has a quick recovery. Many prayers would be greatly appreciated. I will keep you posted.....

Labels:


Blogged at 3:53 PM - 2 comments



I'm Charmed
I am a proud wife and an extremely proud mother of 4 beautiful children.I spend a great deal of time with my Gram.I love playing with my kids.I love quiet nites with my husband.I love my alone time.I do not like being taken advantage of. I don't like selfish people or people that have to be dramatic 24/7......
Read more about me..

Previous Post
- May the Force be with You!
- Croup Baby
- Fun! Fun! Fun!
- They've Got Wheels!
- Gram's Surgery
- Please...Not Again
- The Gang's All Here!
- For Her
- Beating the Heat
- Summer Camp


Spells


My Innocents



Book of Shadows

- April 2007 - May 2007 - June 2007 - July 2007 - August 2007 - September 2007 - October 2007 - November 2007 - December 2007 - January 2008 - February 2008 - March 2008 - April 2008 - May 2008 - June 2008 - July 2008 - August 2008 - September 2008 - October 2008 - November 2008 - January 2009 - February 2009 - March 2009 - October 2010 -