Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Will this EVER End?!?

You would think by now that I would learn not to open my mouth about things until I am sure that everything is as it should be. Gram had a major setback yesterday and I spent all day on the edge of a nervous breakdown - literally. My uncle Todd stayed with her Sunday nite and when I talked to her yesterday she said that she had put in an awful nite. She was in so much pain. Todd didn't go into work because he wasn't going to leave her alone. I couldn't be there because Hadlei has caught some virus that gives you a fever for 2-4 days. Anyway, she had Todd call the dr because the pain was unbearable and he said that it was probably gas pockets and to take some gas-x. I end up getting a call from Todd at 2:30 saying that he was taking her to the dr because she was ghost white and crying uncontrollably from the pain and she was dizzy. Two hours after that I get another call from Todd saying that she is on her way to the hospital via an ambulance. After they did a sonogram on her she started complaining of chest pains. She had pain from her head to her toes. She was still dizzy and now she was nauseous. I lost it when I hung up with Todd. I honestly thought that I was going to have a breakdown. Usually I can control myself in front of the kids but not this time. I didn't want to scare them but I couldn't help it.

Seven hours later (around 11 pm) I called Todd to see what was going on. He said that they were still in the ER. She had just come back from a CAT scan and that they had calmed the pain down a bit but it was starting up again. Her chest pains were gone thank God. She was still very pale and dizzy. He said that theywere waiting for the dr to come in with the results from her tests. Her white blood count was not good so they think she has an infection. They were going to start her on antibiotics through her IV. I asked if they were going to keep her and Todd said that he wasn't taking her home so they were going to have to whether they wanted to or not.

I don't understand why all this stuff has happened to her in the last 4 or 5 months. She is the LAST person on this earth that deserves this kind of thing to happen to her. And to top it all off I feel beyond horrible that I wasn't there yesterday. I am always supposed to be there no matter what. So now I add guilt to everyhitng else I am feeling. I'll be lucky if I don't lose it before all this is straightened out.

I know that I sound like a broken record but please keep her in your prayers. I do believe that they help and she needs them all very badly right now. Thank you all for being such good friends - it helps me to know that you care. I will keep you posted as always.....

Labels:


Blogged at 9:19 AM - 5 comments



I'm Charmed
I am a proud wife and an extremely proud mother of 4 beautiful children.I spend a great deal of time with my Gram.I love playing with my kids.I love quiet nites with my husband.I love my alone time.I do not like being taken advantage of. I don't like selfish people or people that have to be dramatic 24/7......
Read more about me..

Previous Post
- Gram's Home!
- Surgery Day
- May the Force be with You!
- Croup Baby
- Fun! Fun! Fun!
- They've Got Wheels!
- Gram's Surgery
- Please...Not Again
- The Gang's All Here!
- For Her


Spells


My Innocents



Book of Shadows

- April 2007 - May 2007 - June 2007 - July 2007 - August 2007 - September 2007 - October 2007 - November 2007 - December 2007 - January 2008 - February 2008 - March 2008 - April 2008 - May 2008 - June 2008 - July 2008 - August 2008 - September 2008 - October 2008 - November 2008 - January 2009 - February 2009 - March 2009 - October 2010 -