Saturday, April 26, 2008
Opening Day

Today was opening day for Little League Softball. Jordan,Dakotah and Skylar had their first game today. Shae's will be next week. Luckily we ended up with a gorgeous day. Guess the weatherman was wrong about the rain :) The kids' games overlapped but thankfully Grama Wood came so that I was able to bounce back and forth between the two without having to lug all of our paraphinalia with me.


Kotah and Skylar are Sunbirds. They look so cute in their little uniforms. Their team has been practicing very hard these last few weeks and it has paid off for them. They won their game 16 -3! Talk about a great opening game! They spanked the other team! My girls did great. The pitcher on the opposing team wasn't very good and Kotah was walked to 1st base every time she was up so she really didn't get a chance to hit the ball. She did however score 4 runs. One of those runs was a result of her stealing 3rd base and then taking it on home. Watching her in her first game I could see how much better she is already playing this year. Sky did a great job,too. She struck out twice but got a good hit in between. She scored 2 runs. One of her runs she made it home but had to go back to 3rd because it was an out. She got back there before they could get her out and then she turned around and ran back home for the score. Good hustle!


Jordan is a Muck Dog. Couldn't tell you where they got the name from :) His game started after the girls but he was finished first. They are a bit more advanced so their game goes a bit quicker. He is doing pretty good for his first season. His team won with a score of 12 - 6. He was walked a couple of times but he was also able to get a few hits in. He scored 3 runs for his team. I'm so glad that he was able to win his first game. I think it definitely gives a confidence boost. I did feel bad for him for the simple reason that his father decided that something else was more important this weekend than watching his son play his first softball game. I know that it hurt him but it didn't surprise me.


It's game on from here on out. Every Saturday through the end of June we will be at the field. And a few nites a week ranging from Monday - Thursday we'll be there,too. It's going to be very hectic but well worth it. Getting them involved in softball was a very good move. It helps them build their characters in so many ways. And it gives me one more thing to be proud of them for.....

Labels: ,


Blogged at 12:54 PM - 3 comments



I'm Charmed
I am a proud wife and an extremely proud mother of 4 beautiful children.I spend a great deal of time with my Gram.I love playing with my kids.I love quiet nites with my husband.I love my alone time.I do not like being taken advantage of. I don't like selfish people or people that have to be dramatic 24/7......
Read more about me..

Previous Post
- All I Can Say Is...
- Pizza Hut Ban
- Remodel
- *@#% Update
- *@#%
- Play Ball!
- Brush Your Teeth! Or Nose?
- Out of the Mouths of Babes
- What's in Your PJ's?
- NKOTB Update


Spells


My Innocents



Book of Shadows

- April 2007 - May 2007 - June 2007 - July 2007 - August 2007 - September 2007 - October 2007 - November 2007 - December 2007 - January 2008 - February 2008 - March 2008 - April 2008 - May 2008 - June 2008 - July 2008 - August 2008 - September 2008 - October 2008 - November 2008 - January 2009 - February 2009 - March 2009 - October 2010 -