Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Kidney Stone

Took gram to the dr yesterday because she has been in a great deal of pain recently. She has arthritis pretty bad but she knew that it wasn't that that was bothering her. The pain was much worse. She thought her kidneys might be acting up again and she was right to some extent. Last Friday she had to go in to the dr to get fluids because they were shutting down again! Thankfully the fluid helped and she didn't have to go to the hospital.

The dr decided to send her to get some more xrays done. She had some taken last week but didn't get enough. She wanted her whole spine and her shoulders done. So we left the dr office and went to get the xrays. We had to wait there after we were finished because the dr was going to call with the results. Around 1 pm she called and gave me the news. Her arthritis has gotten worse - which we already knew. It's basically everywhere. She has strained rotator cuffs in both of her shoulders so she doesn't want her straining herself by hiking around in her bed so she gave us a rx for a hospital bed. That will help her pull herself around because it has bars on either side. She found an old fracture in her upper back/neck area. That puzzled us because neither of us could figure out when that would have happened. She has never fallen so how did that happen? The icing on the cake was when she told me that gram had a kidney stone. That was something none of us expected to find/hear. Dr said it was about 4 mm and she should be able to pass it with lots of fluids. If her pain got worse she wanted to see gram right away because it could be causing blockage. So I guess now we know why she has been in such pain.

What's next?!? Hasn't this poor woman been through enough!?! I was hoping that this year was going to be better for her but it isn't starting out that way. I hope she makes a turn for the better and stays that way.

On a sidenote....gram told me yesterday that the visiting nurse that is in charge of her case told our favorite nurse,Sara,that she thought that my gram had mental problems and that she really didn't have much wrong with her. God help that woman when I get ahold of her because she is going to regret ever saying that! She won't have a job anymore if I have my way.

Labels:


Blogged at 8:59 AM - 4 comments



I'm Charmed
I am a proud wife and an extremely proud mother of 4 beautiful children.I spend a great deal of time with my Gram.I love playing with my kids.I love quiet nites with my husband.I love my alone time.I do not like being taken advantage of. I don't like selfish people or people that have to be dramatic 24/7......
Read more about me..

Previous Post
- Bored
- Bored Part 2
- Nasty Germs!
- Happy Valentine's Day!
- Happy Birthday Skylar!
- Hadlei Has Holes in Her Head!
- Meet Skylar
- Happy Birthday!
- Super Bowl XLII
- Our Big Announcement


Spells


My Innocents



Book of Shadows

- April 2007 - May 2007 - June 2007 - July 2007 - August 2007 - September 2007 - October 2007 - November 2007 - December 2007 - January 2008 - February 2008 - March 2008 - April 2008 - May 2008 - June 2008 - July 2008 - August 2008 - September 2008 - October 2008 - November 2008 - January 2009 - February 2009 - March 2009 - October 2010 -