Sunday, December 9, 2007
Little Bit of Everything

I feel like I have been neglecting my poor blog. I have just been so busy taking care of gram and everything else that I normally do that I just haven't had the time. So I figured I would just throw all recent events into one post.

Gram is back in the hospital. She has been there since last Wednesday. Her kidneys failed again. She has so much output from her bag that she has a hard time staying hydrated. She has a new GI dr and he's great. He has run so many tests to try to find out what is going on with her. One of the tests he did was for potassium and she had extremely elevated levels of that. So much so that a few drs said that she should be dead. I can't tell you how many times I have heard that statement in the last 6 months. I am so afraid that one of these times she will run out of should be's. If she could get the reversal done on her bag that would eliminate a lot of the problems she is having. That is something the drs are getting together to figure out - how soon it can be done. She is still waiting on a few tests which should be in tomorrow and then we will see when she can go home.

Kids are doing great. I had their conferences recently and they are all doing an exceptional job. Both girls are reading at two grade levels above the grade they are in. Jordan is excelling in science which I have to admit I was a bit shocked to hear. I didn't realize that he liked it so much. Their teachers love them and raved about what great kids they are. It's so nice to hear that especially when I know what devils they can be :)

Christmas is coming fast and furious. I have to do double duty where shopping is concerned because gram can't get out to do a lot of hers. I am close to being finished - maybe another trip or two. I do spoil my children because I believe that they deserve it. But they also know what Christmas is all about. That is how I grew up. My brother and I knew what the real meaning of Christmas was and at the same time we were given plenty. We knew to be very appreciative of what we had and we always were. We always celebrated Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with our entire family. And we still do. I see nothing wrong with spoiling the kids as long as they know to appreciate what they have. And that they remember the true meaning of the holiday.

Guess there isn't too much else going on. Just the usual trips to the dr and the grocery store or wherever else I need to go. Wait - I take that back. Pat and I do have something pretty important going on but I can't post about it just yet. Soon though - I promise. Don't mean to leave you hanging like that but I have to...for now.

Labels:


Blogged at 6:31 PM - 3 comments



I'm Charmed
I am a proud wife and an extremely proud mother of 4 beautiful children.I spend a great deal of time with my Gram.I love playing with my kids.I love quiet nites with my husband.I love my alone time.I do not like being taken advantage of. I don't like selfish people or people that have to be dramatic 24/7......
Read more about me..

Previous Post
- NFC East Champions!
- Let the Trash Talking Begin!!!
- Happy Anniversary
- I'm Back!
- Football Week 7
- House Guest
- Football Week 6
- Back to the Hospital
- God IS a Cowboys fan!
- Football Week 5


Spells


My Innocents



Book of Shadows

- April 2007 - May 2007 - June 2007 - July 2007 - August 2007 - September 2007 - October 2007 - November 2007 - December 2007 - January 2008 - February 2008 - March 2008 - April 2008 - May 2008 - June 2008 - July 2008 - August 2008 - September 2008 - October 2008 - November 2008 - January 2009 - February 2009 - March 2009 - October 2010 -